Heather J. Barnett, M.S.
President and Financial Advisor | CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional
Heather is the President of Barnett Financial Partners, Inc. In February 2023, Heather was named to the Forbes America’s Top Women Wealth Advisors Best-In-State Wealth Advisors Ranking for the State of Iowa for the second year in a row.* In 2020 and in 2017, she was ranked among Forbes Top Women Wealth Advisors.* In February 2018, Heather was named to Forbes Best-in-State Wealth Advisors Ranking for the State of Iowa.* She has also been named to the Working Mother Top Wealth Advisors Mom list in 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020.* In 2022 and 2023, she was recognized by Prospera Financial Services as a member of Director’s Circle and the Women’s Council.
Heather and Ryan have developed and refined a process that puts every piece of a client’s financial life puzzle together and engages each service provider (such as CPAs and attorneys) as their clients’ lives unfold and their needs evolve, ensuring they always have the complete picture. The processes they use set them apart from other financial services professionals.
Education & Professional Achievements
- Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration with a concentration in Finance, Truman State University, Kirksville, MO
- Graduate Degree, Master of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional - The CFP® certification requires an approved education program, a rigorous examination, and stringent experience requirements. It also requires adherence to a professional Code of Ethics and continuing education requirements to remain aware of current planning strategies and financial trends.
Activities and Interests
- Lee County Charitable Fund, Board Member
- Keokuk Economic Development Corporation, Previous Board Member
- Keokuk Area Community Foundation, Previous Chair of the Board of Directors
- Keokuk Rotary Club, Paul Harris Fellow, Previous Member
- Keokuk Area Chamber of Commerce, Previous Board Member
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Tri-State Area, Previous Board Member
- Big River United Way, Previous Board Member
Heather is married to Ryan Barnett; they have two sons, Tanner and Brayden. They enjoy spending weekends with their extended families, whom all live relatively close to their home in Hamilton, IL. When she is not working, she enjoys watching her boys’ various sports activities, weight training, reading, and watching Iowa Hawkeye sports.
*Ranking algorithm based on industry experience, interviews, compliance records, assets under management, revenue, and other criteria by SHOOK Research, LLC, which does not receive compensation from the advisors or their firms in exchange for placement on a ranking. Investment performance is not a criterion.